“Even if it’s not your fault, f* take responsibility, own the problem, solve the problem…” – George Cherian Abhishek.
George Cherian Abhishek is the owner of the WORST bar in Singapore, Spiffy Dapper. But make no mistake, it is the worst bar that is PROFITABLE. George came from India to Singapore at the age of 16. He studied Mechanical Engineering at Nanyang Polytechnic. In the twist and turn of events, he ended up homeless, sleeping in the playground of Bishan.
Dr Loretta Chen must have the widest range of life experiences of anyone I have ever met.
You might know Loretta as a consultant to Bhutan or the director of thought-provoking theatre productions but all that is just a tiny facet of her life story.
You will find out that in her book, Woman on Top, that she had gone through numerous public victories and personal losses. Some of these highlights include:
– Wearing numerous hats as a theatre director, television presenter, radio personality, author and creative director
– Holding a PhD in Critical Theory, Theatre (UCLA & NUS)
– Being the first nominated Nominated Member of Parliament (Arts & Culture)
– Coaching and training top CEOs and Head of States on presentation skills
– Witnessing two suicides when she was merely 24 years old
– Losing $250,000 in her first production company, Zebra Crossing
– Having lived in Los Angeles, London, Toronto and Honolulu.
If you’re in a rush and just want a 4-minute quick peek, just click here.
At the young age of 60 years old, Betty Lee packed her bag, sealed away her belongings and embarked on the next chapter of her life – travelling solo for the next 400 days of her life!
Betty Lee is one of the oldest (youngest at heart) travellers that I’ve met during my travels. To be honest, I did not know she was 60 years old when we first met in Peru. It felt that we were just the same age with different life experiences. We shared some of our Peru adventures in the interview.
“You have to be comfortable with the uncomfortable” ~ Jeremy Tong
Jeremy Tong is a traveller, adventurer and mountaineer. He has conquered many mountains throughout his 12 years of climbing. Some of these mountains include Mera Peak in Nepal, Aconcagua in Argentina and Lenin peak at Kyrgyzstan.
He currently plotting his way to the highest mountain in the world, Mt Everest next year. You can help him with his adventure by contributing here.
Even $20 will be $20 less that he’ll have to raise.